Housewarming Party Ideas

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Happy Memorial Day weekend! It's finally Friday and 5 o'clock can't come soon enough for this three day weekend. Lots of things planned to do, and the Housewarming Party is on Sunday!

With that being said, I put together some of the things I have planned for the party.



I went to the Chef Shoppe for the first time this past Tuesday and found that adorable woven drink dispenser stand for my mason jar drink dispenser that I have had for awhile, and I am so excited to use it because I have been looking for one forever...and this one is just perfect.

I also love the little Hooray cake topper letters that I found on clearance at Target, and spray painted the letters metallic silver, so that it will go with things easier, and will make it easier if I ever want to re-use them.  Silver goes with everything. I'm planning on putting it on top of chocolate chip cookie sandwiches that I will make Sunday along with everything else.  (Which includes white chocolate covered pretzels...my fav, homemade caramel popcorn, chips and salsa, and a cracker, meat, and cheese tray).

The little popcorn containers that I got from Michaels are the cutest things ever, and I'm planning on putting the homemade caramel popcorn in it, along with tags that say "Thanks For Popping By".  I couldn't help it.  :)

I'm also BEYOND excited, because my chalkboard finally looks great again!  Before, I had purchased the chalkboard at Kohls, and when I went to draw on it, it left nasty ugly marks behind. All I had to do was repaint over it with some chalkboard paint that I bought at Home Depot, and boom-better than it was new.  I blame the weird-not so-chalkboard finish it came with.  To tie together the red and orange colors I'm going with, I put together the garland to drape over the chalkboard.  It was super easy.  All you need is some string, cardstock, and a hotglue gun.

I'm so excited to see how everything turns out... and to show off the place for his, and my family and friends. 

Also, the place is finally done and everything moved in!  Which means just in time for the party, and for another finished house tour. :)  Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger